Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

mini-me swap problem! need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Default RE: mini-me swap problem! need help!!!

well, finally got it to start last night. but it was running horribly. like if it was running on 2 cylinders. it sounded like a snowmobile, lol. i'm gonna try swapping the spark plug wires out and getting some new ones. they don't exactly seat well on the cap. plus they're from a previous car i had. and i have a new msd cap/rotor and msd blaster coil that i'll try swapping on too. but atleast i got it to start up this time. i fixed the ecu last night. it was a piece of cake and i don't even know how to solder! it fixed the cel #19 code and that's what was hurting me. now i just gotta try and get it running smooth. once again, any ideas would be great!

and i really appreciate all the help RonJ. you're the only one who really seemed like you were trying to help and ACTUALLY KNEW SOMETHING about what i should try to fix the problem! i had this posted on a bunch of sites and people were trying to show me links to DPFI to MPFI conversions and other stuff that i wasn't trying to do. so i just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!