Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

motor mount CONFUSION ?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 03:19 AM
Default motor mount CONFUSION ?????

OK its an 89 civic 3dr hatchback..came with D15/4spd
OK I bought an engine(D15 W/4spd 16V) from a guy that pulled it out of the same car (he said) and NOW my rear mount wont line up..its seams WAY off.. and the bar that comes off the engine to the shifter area is not even close to were it hooks up also.
ARE ther DIFF mounts for DIFF CARS CIVIC and CRX

I know all this sounds confusioning(and it is)
there is one (body mount)the driver side unibody that mounts to the ft of the engine (its good)

there is one (body mount)that mounts to the front lower of the engine next to the pan (thats good)

there is a bracket on the unibody next to the battery pas side(kinda) and I have no bracket or know were it goes..there are 3 bolts comming off the tranny but nothin there...any guess ?

AND there is one of the back pass side lower engine that I had to pull just to get the engine in right way and now its not even close to lining up. the mount is bolted to the rear frame rail ?
does it or can it bolt to a different place on the rail.

ONE last thing the bar that come off the tranny with the Ujoint looking and there is another bar that atches right next to it. has a bushing with just a bolt hook up ... its not even close also..WHAT AM I MISSING

OR IS it TIME to go back to CHEVY's

sorry for such a long post but I amd just not gettin it or WHAT?

thanks[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Old 06-05-2006, 09:11 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: motor mount CONFUSION ?????

this is just a guess. i looked at my 88 1493 cc civic 4 door with 5 speed manual.
although the one in front actually bolts to the transmission, my guess is that you have to have the same transmission for the car, and you have a different transmission.
but, just a guess.
look up in the interchange manual as to which trans you can install (if it is in fact a different transmission)