Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mount issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Originally Posted by civicexracer
...all of the mounts are designed to control and dampen engine movement. there are 2 mounts, the engine torque(the one phillip mentioned) and transmission torque mounts that reduce vibrations, engine movement and controls torque output the motor produces under acceleration. this is why inserts such as the ones Energy Suspension make reduce wheel hope a good amount due to less energy being lost within the mount. like i said, replacing that mount, with an OEM mount, may reduce wheel hop just a little bit.
civicexracer, thanks for the explanations. From what you are saying the two related left and right forward mounts dampen torque-generated engine vibrations as well as movements caused by acceleration. How many other engine mounts are there and what specific types of vibrations/movement do they dampen? The other mounts that I remember are the upper left mount, the rear mount, and another right transmission mount.

Last edited by RonJ; 08-13-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Snail'n Admin

Yea Aj's right but that lower drivers mount is a honda problem. I recently fixed mine during a boost project. By fixed, I mean, fill it in with 3m window weld. It is a polyurethane fill that is pretty much the same as motor mount inserts. The only problem is that it takes 2 days to cure. I can get pics if you want, but if you do all motor mounts with the 3m or even with inserts, you will notice a lot more vibration in the cabin.