Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbee with No Spark....Any Help appreciated as I already "Searched"

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 05:11 PM
Default RE: Newbee with No Spark....Any Help appreciated as I already "Searched"

COIL.....(And to all those that said COIL, go ahead with the I told you So's, I deserve it)

Thanks to all that offered assistance.......Although this site pales in comparison to many Honda and Car forums in general!!!

So she ends up with a New Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs, and Coil.....All for under $170

Old 08-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Default RE: Newbee with No Spark....Any Help appreciated as I already "Searched"

Congratz on the fix and welcome to HCF!

Old 08-09-2005, 11:25 PM
HCF Member

.......Although this site pales in comparison to many Honda and Car forums in general!!!
What the??? Newbie layin a smack down.

I do beleive Negitator offered the correct advice a mere 7 hours and 27 minutes after your original post.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

.......Although this site pales in comparison to many Honda and Car forums in general!!!
What the??? Newbie layin a smack down.

I do beleive Negitator offered the correct advice a mere 7 hours and 27 minutes after your original post.
yeah, I get a kick out of people like that. They first come in asking for help,.. no wait demanding it since he posted several times after the first one. I guess he thinks we should be online 24-7 just waiting for him to ask his much needed question. Then when people give him advice whether he takes it or not, it turns out that is exactly what it was, he comes back with a smart @$$ remark like,.. " COIL.....(And to all those that said COIL, go ahead with the I told you So's, I deserve it) Thanks to all that offered assistance.......Although this site pales in comparison to many Honda and Car forums in general!!!"

Oh a simple thanks was not enough, he had to add the "but you guys are a bunch og dumb asses compared to others."

Addressed to ktm300exc:

Come on man, grow up. We are not here at your becking call. The world doesn't owe you anything. If you have a problem and ask for help take all the help you get and decide for yourself what to use. By puting others down like you did, you are just burning your bridges. Before you go putting a forum down,.. ask yourself what have you contributed to it,... absolutlely nothing! Good luck in life with an attitude like that, you will need it!

Old 08-12-2005, 08:21 PM

I know, a "I'm Sorry" is in order.....

There was no excuse for my behavior(Besides being driven crazy by a GF who wanted it FIXED), so I am sorry for my utterly rude and disrespectful behavior.....

Old 05-20-2006, 08:13 PM

I have a 90 EX and the lovely piece of @$%& wil not stay running.... i tested the coil and got too much resistance. Thusly, I replaced the coil. Ran fine for fifteen minutes then BAM it just quit! reddi the test coil is still good. However, the ingnitor is failing.... got a new one of them! how the hell do I get in there to remove it? what da hell?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:33 PM

got an 89 civic 1.5 runs great for a minute or 2 then dies. i,ve replaced coil distributor plugs and wires. still loses fire. any help would be appreciated. dont post reply, hardly get on comp please call 740 250 1525.ask for tucker. p.s neeeeed help badly about to burn. thanx

Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 PM
HCF Member

(got a new one of them! how the hell do I get in there to remove it? what da hell?)

remove the distributor, then replace the ignitor piece of cake

Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ktm300exc

COIL.....(And to all those that said COIL, go ahead with the I told you So's, I deserve it)

So she ends up with a New Cap, Rotor, Wires, Plugs, and Coil.....All for under $170

if you would have diagnosed it properly the first time,, it would have costed you a lot less ,, that is the problem with a lot of people , start replacing parts then hope and pray that it will fix the problem.
.Like i always say DIAGNOSE,, DIAGNOSE DIAGNOSE....before wasting money on unneeded parts