Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Popping noise coming from Right front tire area

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Default Popping noise coming from Right front tire area

I was in an accident about 3 months ago, where I was hit on the the front right side of the car, right on the tire. There was about $6000 in damage and it was all repaired. When I had picked the car up after 5 weeks of work everything was good. About 3 days ago (1 1/2 months after initial pickup) I had noticed a popping sound on the front right side of the car around the tire. I had noticed that the retainer clip was quite tore up and needed replacing, where they had used the original one after accident to repair with. Went to talk to Honda dealership and they want to charge me $$$ for diagnostic, evaluation and repairs.

I was just wondering if:

1. Anyone knew where I could get a new retainer clip from.
2. Has anyone else noticed anything similar to this, and have any information on what may be causing it if its not the clip?

FYI, all of the parts used to reapir from the accident were new: entire suspension on Fr. R. side, control arms, ABS line, the works.