Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Problem at Low RPMS (Rich Air/Fuel and Loss of Vaccum)

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM
HCF Member
Default Problem at Low RPMS (Rich Air/Fuel and Loss of Vaccum)

I've been having some problems with my turbo civic the last couple of days. It has been running a little rich lately due to my turbo manifold being cracked but a problem came up now about two days ago. I was driving home from school and noticed it is now running extremely rich, way too rich for just a cracked manifold to cause. I've noticed air/fuels staying around 10.5:1 while driving at low rpms, also huge vacuum loss. When I push the gas slightly at idle, the car wants to stall and the it loses all vacuum, as the rpms build up slowly it gets vacuum back to normal values by 2500rpm or so.
Have no idea what could be causing this, the car runs normal on cold starts for a couple minutes till it starts warming. Only thing I'm guessing is the ECT sensor? I tried unplugging the TPS and driving like that, it didnt effect anything except threw a CEL. I've cleaned the IACV and last year I did the FITV so that wouldn't be causing this rich condition? Any help would be appreciated, have no money to bring it to a mechanic so I'm taking the bus and train till I figure this out.
Thanks!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:52 PM
HCF Member

BUMP
Had my mechanic try to fix it, he could only tell me that my cracked turbo manifold was tricking the 02 sensor to make it run that rich. Is it really possible this could cause 10:1 air to fuel ratios?
Car has been parked for about two weeks, currently trying to find a cast manifold like the HF w/ adaptor plate.
Anyone know what could cause this? My 02 sensor is a wideband Bosche I got with my AEM gauge about 6 months ago, MAP sensor is also only half a year old (3 or 4 Bar GM), car was tuned after and ran great up until two weeksago. Any advice would be great
Thanks,