Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

quirk noise while driving around 34mph only once

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 10:14 AM
Exclamation quirk noise while driving around 34mph only once

Hi, I recently bought a Honda Civic LX AT (November 2013). Recently, I started to notice a quirk sound when I'm driving around 35mph, but this noise comes only once. Here is the scenario.The car is switched off and in Parking mode (P). Now when I am taking the car out, moves it to Drive mode (D) and as soon as I am reaching 30 or 35mph, transmission changes and there is quirk sound from the front left side. After that, there is no such noise as long as I'm driving. This only appears when the car is switch off and moved from P to D and at 35mph.
I got it checked from Honda at the Avenues, Jacksonville, Florida, but as per them, there is no fault and they tested it over a new 16 miles driven Honda civic and observed a same kind of noise in that too.

The question is, is that a product issue or the service dealer is just trying to buy some time to get off me from warranty and then later charge me for maintenance.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:15 PM

Any idea guys? Is it a normal characteristic of the New Honda Civic LX AT

Old 01-26-2014, 04:42 PM
HCF Member

its entirely plausible that your new car came from the factory with defects it just happens with things that are mass produced. being that your car is new that means there aren't alot of people especially on this website with personal experience with this particular year model car. i would assume your car is under warranty so my advice would be to just keep driving it and see how things progress.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:40 PM

Thanks itburnswhenIP, Yeah it is still under warranty but I have taken another appointment with Honda and I will drive their new car to clear my doubts. It is surprising that Honda is putting everything under characteristic shadow just to keep them away from the flaws those are created by themselves.