Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Re: noise from driver's side under accelaration

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Default Re: noise from driver's side under accelaration

I have a 2002 4 door 5-speed Civic EX with approx 120K. I had a noise from the drivers side from that you would hear/feel when accelerating, almost like a popping. It's not all the time but is becoming more and more. Noises is there whether I'm going straight or makin a turn so I don't think it's the cvjoints, had them go up on other civics and its not the same sound.

Since the noise started I have replaced the following: driver's side engine mount, front engine mount (ripped to shreds) both complete front strut assembelies (springs, struts, etc). lower control arms because rubbers were shot, outer tie rod ends, front and rear sway bar control end links and bushings, and had the front end aligned. Car is alot tighter but the noise is still there. Checked the lower ball joints by jacking up and moving the tire and trying to pry up with a pry bar and no noticible movement, and the place that did the alignment would have hopefully said something to try and get more money out of me if they were even marginally bad. I also replaced the timing belt, tensioner, etc due to a leaking seal oil seal that the dealer did not do or even recommend. Even though it only had less than 30K on them since the dealer did it, figured while I was in there might as well replace the tensioner, (which the dealer did not do). Only thing I didn't do was the water pump. After replaceing everything the noise was still there.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark