Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Replaced stock stereo and turn signals dont work

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 09:45 AM
Unhappy Replaced stock stereo and turn signals dont work

Ok so I am new to this but please help me out so yesterday boyfriend put in an aftermarket stereo, took out pretty much the whole dash and all that jazz, when it came time to remove the hazard light box fuse thingy(? sorry dont know what its called) it broke. He finished up put everything back and now the hazard lights and turn signals wont work (obviously). I guess my question is, can someone please tell me what the "hazard light box fuse thingy" is, where I can purchase a new one for him, and if that will even fix the problem. The car is a 2001 honda civic if that helps. Any advice, suggestions, or links will help, Thank you

Old 05-21-2012, 09:46 AM

Also I might add that I am resorting to here because the guy at our local parts store told me that they didnt carry what I was looking for and was rather rude

Old 05-21-2012, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

pictures help, upload to photobucket or this site and link on thread so we can see what you are talking about, if you mean the actual switch for the hazard lights then I would not be surprised if the turn signals circuit passes through that which would result, if broken, in none of the turn signals working.

You can get one of those at any junkyard if there are any near you or you could order it online from any parts store or ebay. Also check the fuses for the turn signals since they could have blown. Careful when working with the electrical systems, it can leave you in a world of headaches if do not do everything properly!

Old 05-21-2012, 01:15 PM
Recognized HCF Member

I guess it'd be called the hazard light button-- typically a dealer-only part or you should be able to pull one from a junked car. Turn signals definitely won't work without it, the circuit for normal turn signal blinking also goes through it.