Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!

sony deck installation in 02 civic LX

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Default sony deck installation in 02 civic LX

alright i have installed a sony deck and it won't turn on. this is the second one.

i have connected each of the wires according to their color and before connecting the yellow and red wires i connected the ground first

the fuse in the deck is fine and so is the one in the fuse box in the car

i have checked the wires for power using a voltage meter and they seem to be working fine with one providing 12 volts.

what am i doing wrong? what is causing the deck not to turn on?

Old 01-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Recognized HCF Member

Power for the yellow wire comes from a fuse under the hood. Both the yellow and red wires must have 12 volts with the key on, with the key off, the red wire turns off but the yellow one stays live. If you have power on the yellow and the red wires, and the black is ground, and the deck won't come on, check for shorts in the speaker wires-- either to each other or to ground. Some decks will shut down completely when they detect a problem with the speaker circuits. Finally, remove the unit and power up the yellow red and black wires ONLY from a battery on a bench, leave all other wires disconnected. If it still won't come on, it must be defective.