Mechanical Problems & Technical Chat If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a check engine light that won't go away, ask about it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What can I do to get my car to around 160HP?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 12:17 PM
Default RE: What can I do to get my car to around 160HP?

and i guess i will apologize for being like he said forward, but man if u just read a lil bit u would know simple things. thats y i said common knowledge. and i hate "reading" but when it comes to magazines and stuff of that nature i read. but i agree go pick up a issue of honda tunning or import tuner and start from there. and i didnt know that stuff about the new civics that sux. making it where u cant add minor horsepower to your car without major money is lame. WtF honda?

Old 07-25-2007, 10:37 PM
HCF Member

yep, i thought the exact same thing

and it doesn't sound cheaper to me to make an internal exhaust manifold. i mean plastic intake manifold sounds cheap, but the exhaust seems pointless, i really wanna know what honda was thinking with the r18 too

Old 07-26-2007, 06:23 PM
HCF Member

Here's what. It saves time to construct the Civic if the header is part of the head, because now you only need to bolt on the cat. Also, the plastic intake manifold saves weight, but it also has variable length channels, at which buterfly valves open at a preset RPM to allow the air to take a "Shortcut" through the intake for high RPM power. This is like part of the next generation VTEC. Now all Honda needs is to add variable restriction exhaust as well as the VTEC cams and now we have the ultimate VTEC engine that can provide low RPM torque AND high RPM power.

Really, though, if you watch the tech video on the new iVTEC Civic (yours) that's stickied on the forum, you will see exactly what I am taking about.

Well, it WAS stickied... http://world.honda.com/news/2005/4050705_a.html

Click Watch the video!

Old 07-26-2007, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

now, what aftermarket upgrades are available for this engine to date? great movie by the way, very informative