New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

1994 stolen twice within a week

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Default 1994 stolen twice within a week

Hi, new to this forum. Dont know how to protect my vehicle. Did not know these cars open with any key....Dont know how they started in less than 10secs because i checked the cameras in my building and they were gone in 20secs flat. They did something underneath the steering...no wires were cut although. And ofcourse the dvd player and the amp was gone. I guess its christmas time and they need the money other then working for a living. I disconnected the battery tonight and i dont know if they carry around those boost packs. The sad thing is that they commited a robbery with a gun using my car as getaway and then after the police recovered it and finger printed it someone took it again 3 days later. What the hell do they want from a 1994 civic. Its not even souped up. Well anything expensive is gone anyhow. Does anyone else have this problem or is mine a protype ginny pig. HOw do i protect it, i dont have an alarm, i hear they even take it with an alarm. Never drove a honda before, recently bought it for my wife. Any help is very much appreciated.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:42 AM

I'd recommend making your own killswitch. Here is a DIY that one of our members did. Yours doesn't have to look ANYTHING like his does.

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=68897

All you have to do is put a hidden switch on the wire for the fuel pump. Switch it off and the car won't go anywhere. It doesn't have to be a toggle switch or a button.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Super Cereal Admin

lol silly theives... they had the years mixed up... don't they know it's the '95 civic that was 2008's most stolen car?

In all seriousness, security on EG's is a big deal; any key from any EG will work on any other EG from what I've heard. I'd recommend doing a kill switch, and definitely look into Lo-Jack or a good alarm.

But welcome to HCF!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:56 AM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum, the thieves took your car because it was an easy steal, and had a few extra goodies. And since they were just going to go rob some shop they probably didnt care if they were riding in style lol. Ditto on the kill switch, Im about to install one in my car for this exact reason. Also a club is a worthy feature to secure your car. Instead of putting the club on the wheel where the thief can just saw the steering wheel, put it in between the shifter and e-brake. Makes it a lot harder and they wont be expecting it to be there.

Old 12-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Recognized HCF Member

dito... get a kill switch.... or you could just remove the fuel pump relay or just unplug it when you get out of your car...

all older civics are easy to steal and alot of people know this!!!!!! so if they want to rob a place and use your car for the getaway vehicle its very easy... or hell they could just be going for a joy ride or even to go buy some drugs or trade your car for the drugs.

and yes its still easy to steal a car with a car alarm since most people just use a starter kill which is to cheaply wired up under the dash... all you have to do is rip the wires down and simply tap the starter wire to the fuse boxs power terminal... its to easy non the less!!!!!
or if its a manual they just have to slightly push the car alittle and drop the clutch to push start it... again to easy!

but if you kill the power to the fuel pump or computer the motor will only run for afew seconds at best! and it will then die.

Old 12-25-2008, 04:09 AM

please someone tell me where the fuel pump wire I need to tap into lives and what color on a 98 Civic??

Thanks Mark A.

Yes I am new to this site and sorta to Honda ..
Honda in my Sig what ya think ??

Old 12-25-2008, 05:38 AM
Recognized HCF Member

simply remove the bolt that holds on the bottom seat section and remove the bottom seat and then you see the wires right on the pump. its only 3-4screws that hold the fuel pump cover on. pull them and youll see the wires directly.... doesnt matter which wire ya cut off... it needs both working to work

Old 12-25-2008, 01:00 PM

Thank you for everyones input. I m not very good with wiring and electronics. Where can I locate that fuel pump wires on my 94' civic hatch back. Thanks Alot and merry christmas everyone. Pacific Mall is open today.lol. Those of you from usa, its a chinese mall in Toronto.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:19 AM

Ok Thanks for the input on the fuelpump wires ..... I'm assuming we're talking is the wring to the relay that wires to the pump and also this is the bottom of the "Driver" seat on a 98 Civic??? Thanks... MA

Happy new year to all ... hope all had a great XMAS!!!!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by madquake
Ok Thanks for the input on the fuelpump wires ..... I'm assuming we're talking is the wring to the relay that wires to the pump and also this is the bottom of the "Driver" seat on a 98 Civic??? Thanks... MA

Happy new year to all ... hope all had a great XMAS!!!!
Stop hijacking my thread please!