New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

A couple questions from a Civic Noob...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Default A couple questions from a Civic Noob...

Hi everyone, name's Jason. I just bought a 2000 4 door VP. I hope to see a lot of you since I'm a bit of a forum junkie, but I just have a few quick questions to start.

1. No web sites I've seen so far have a "VP Trime Level" selection, I'm not sure yet how big of a difference the trim levels have in most cases, but if I must choose one of the others, which is closest to the VP?

2. So far all the sites I've found linked from this site revolve around performance, I've pretty much grown out of the high performance phase of my life, especially since it's a 4 door automatic, but I would like to make some classy yet sexy exterior modifications. Anyone know any good sites to start at?

3. Last one, promise Two days after I got my car, which has 104,000 miles on it, the light that indicates an emission system malfunction turned on. Is there a common, known problem that I should be aware of and check out, or should I get the diagnostics machine from Auto Zone?

Thanks everyone, any help at all or just a "Hi" is appreciated.

Talk to you all soon.

-J

Old 12-06-2005, 06:04 AM
Default RE: A couple questions from a Civic Noob...

[sm=welcomesign.gif] TO hcf. [sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

I don't really know much about the VP, but I'm sure someone else in here will be able to help you out.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:41 AM
HCF Member

welcome to the forum[sm=hiya.gif][sm=hiya.gif] what you can do to get ideas on exteriour styling is go to www.cardomain.com and take a look at the other civics there, and yes you should go to autozone diagnostics test, but first make sure you just didn't forget to screw on your gas cap, thats what happend to me and mine went on

Old 12-06-2005, 12:11 PM
HCF Member

I have the EXACT same car you have. We basically sport a DX with the D16Y7. Start looking for stuff here. Anything else? Oh, Welcome!

Old 12-07-2005, 11:11 PM

Thanks a lot guys. I appreciate the tips. The first thing I did was read the owner's manual, and it suggested that I check the gas cap, so I did that immediately. Thanks again.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 PM
HCF Member

Anyone know any good sites to start at?
Pro Car Parts See what they have and look on Ebay for what you like. Have fun modding.