Exhaust Manifold/Cat Assembly Options - HondaCivicForum.com

New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Old 07-02-2011, 03:13 PM

Default Which Exhaust Manifold/Cat Assembly to Buy?

hello all!

guess i'll introduce myself before my question...
i live in orlando, florida(lifetime resident), and i have recently become a honda convert. i own a civic and an accord, both 1997 and both are lx; the civic is a MT and my DD, the accord is the AT(4cyl) family car. we've been chevy people(hence bow tie guy) until last year when i bought my first honda--not hard core into it, but i like the dependability and economy. my wife still has 2 camaros however!

anyway, if you can assist me, much thanks...i need to replace this infamous civic manifold/cat and would like to know beyond what i've already researched here...which one?

the dorman is a 2 piece, and the atp is a 1 piece. these are my cheapest options, please advise according to those choices please. anyone like to make a suggestion w/ explanation?

thanks again, BTG

Last edited by Bowtieguy; 07-03-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:23 PM

Bump!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:08 PM

My brother picked up a 2 piece one on eBay for like $190 and it has been working just fine for the past 1.5 years.

You could also switch to the "EX/SI" style exhaust, too. Check the exhaust section stickies for more info on it. Basically, it relocates the cat below the car.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:00 PM

thanks for the response. went ahead and bought the 1 piece for just over $200 w/ lifetime warranty.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:13 PM

Good luck with the install! It took me about 2-3 hours from start to finish. Make sure you have an extractor set for those stubborn and seized/rusted bolts! I am sure some of the bolts (especially under the car) will break when trying to remove them.