Exhaust Manifold/Cat Assembly Options - HondaCivicForum.com

Go Back  HondaCivicForum.com > General Forum Information > New Member Introductions
Reload this Page >

Exhaust Manifold/Cat Assembly Options

New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Exhaust Manifold/Cat Assembly Options

Old 07-02-2011, 04:13 PM
Default Which Exhaust Manifold/Cat Assembly to Buy?

hello all!

guess i'll introduce myself before my question...
i live in orlando, florida(lifetime resident), and i have recently become a honda convert. i own a civic and an accord, both 1997 and both are lx; the civic is a MT and my DD, the accord is the AT(4cyl) family car. we've been chevy people(hence bow tie guy) until last year when i bought my first honda--not hard core into it, but i like the dependability and economy. my wife still has 2 camaros however!

anyway, if you can assist me, much thanks...i need to replace this infamous civic manifold/cat and would like to know beyond what i've already researched here...which one?

the dorman is a 2 piece, and the atp is a 1 piece. these are my cheapest options, please advise according to those choices please. anyone like to make a suggestion w/ explanation?

thanks again, BTG

Last edited by Bowtieguy; 07-03-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:23 PM

Bump!

Old 07-04-2011, 02:08 PM

My brother picked up a 2 piece one on eBay for like $190 and it has been working just fine for the past 1.5 years.

You could also switch to the "EX/SI" style exhaust, too. Check the exhaust section stickies for more info on it. Basically, it relocates the cat below the car.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 PM

thanks for the response. went ahead and bought the 1 piece for just over $200 w/ lifetime warranty.

Old 07-05-2011, 02:13 PM

Good luck with the install! It took me about 2-3 hours from start to finish. Make sure you have an extractor set for those stubborn and seized/rusted bolts! I am sure some of the bolts (especially under the car) will break when trying to remove them.