New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

The Honda dealership told me I need a new ABS modulator

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2021, 09:13 PM
Default The Honda dealership told me I need a new ABS modulator

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, excited to be part of it!
I would love feedback on this issue.
The Honda dealership told me I need a new ABS modulator, they quoted me $1850.
And I am wondering if I should go forward with them or try to buy one on my own and have a mechanic put it in? Before I took it to Honda, I had my regular mechanic check it out because all my dashboard lights came on and it was telling me to check all the systems. My regular mechanic did not know what to do, he did some research and he found sometimes that is caused by a dirty connector so he cleaned that but then all the lights came back on and I went to Honda for a diagnosis. So I am hesitant to take it back to my other mechanic since he did not seem to be able to find the problem. And wondering if this is one of those things where you should just go
Honda dealership and pay the big prices because it sort of a complicated issue? Would appreciate any feedback, thanks so much!

All dashboard lights came on!

And then 4 different check system lights come on!

Last edited by Feelgoodmaui; 04-06-2021 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 05:23 PM
Default brucerealtor.

Disconnect negative battery terminal for apx 10 seconds, then reconnect it. That will at least temporarily reset check engine & other dashboard trouble lights.

Check google. SRS modulators can be cleared by touching together the wires on a yellow plug after pulling the cover under the stearing wheel.

Old 04-16-2021, 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=brucerealtor;800224]Disconnect negative battery terminal for apx 10 seconds, then reconnect it. That will at least temporarily reset check engine & other dashboard trouble lights.

Check google. SRS modulators can be cleared by touching together the wires on a yellow plug after pulling the cover under the stearing wheel. If that doesnt work, there's a place, I believe in Bosten, Ma advertising they will reset the modulater unit for $35 plus shipping. $50 for immediate turnaround. brucerealtor@gmail.com.