New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

I just bought a 2003 civic LX and i need some help

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 02:19 AM
Default I just bought a 2003 civic LX and i need some help

hey i just bought a 2003 honda civic lx and i need some opinions. It is an automatic so is there any point in putting any parts in the engine? What could i do to make it look better, if i got a body kit it would have to be able to come off pretty easily because i live in manitoba and we get quite a bit of snow here in the winter. Please reply i need some help.

Old 04-14-2006, 06:13 AM
Default RE: I just bought a 2003 civic LX and i need some help

Sell it and get a 2003 Honda Civic EX Manual, or better yet sell it for a 1999 Civic EX Manual, and use the rest of the money for a new bodykit, and engine. Really its up to you, but id never go Automatic if you plan to race. Thats my 2 cents

Old 04-14-2006, 10:14 AM
HCF Member

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new purchase! 5 speed is better and more reliable for more power, but there are plenty of people running automatics. It's been experienced by many that Honda's auto trannies are not as strong when compared to their manual counterparts, so that's one thing to consider.

If you want a kit for looks, I'd go with a lip kit. Screws on without any mods or cutting to your OEM parts and if you wanted to take it off it wouldn't take much effort. Body kits can look a little overboard, but it's all according to your taste. Good luck...

Old 04-14-2006, 11:13 AM

i was thinking about not doing much to the outside other then rims and just making the interior sweet like putting a tv in and some other ****. Also i cant sell it because i like in a town with like 50 thousand people so ther isnt a ton of cars to look at and this one was kept in mint condition by its previous owners. Do you guys think it would be any use putting a few things in the engine or should i just wait like 2 years until i get my next car.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:24 PM

I'd still lower that b****. You can get adjustable coilovers so in the spring in summer you can have it lowered, and in the winter and fall you can put it back to stock. I know skunk2 makes a sick sets for like 130 bucks. Putiting rims on and then putting the adjustable coilovers on can make a world of difference. If you need any help with a sysyem for your car, PM me cause I think I can help you with that.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:31 PM

there is alot of things you can do to the engine on an auto, but for starters; if you want to get some more HP(horse power) you could get an intake, header, and exaust, thos are the first mods im doing to my car, unless i just get a motor swap, but i have an 88 crx, but anyway, that is pretty much the first engine mods you should do, then for looks for where you live you should do a lip kit, or a fairly small body kit, nuthin to BIG, cause i live in montana, and i know all about snow, not to mention i lived in alaska for 8 years, and ive seen pleanty of body kits get destroyed do to snow so a lip kit would prolly B in your best interests!!!

Old 04-14-2006, 08:08 PM
Stinky Administrator

[sm=goodidea.gif] yes thats good advice stick with a lip kit they look a lot better than a full body kit and get a intake kit and exhaust for a little more power good luck with your civic

Old 04-17-2006, 04:26 PM

I have the same exact car. I slapped on a CAI from ebay and then a Apexi N1 Muffler which I also bought from ebay. You'll have to do some customization to fit anything else to your exhaust system. If you notice, the catalytic converter on your car is connected to the exhaust manifold (header). This makes finding a new replacement aftermarket header impossible. What I did was I found a 4-1 stainless racing header on ebay that was made for a EX. It fits onto the engine but b/c the catayltic converter is part of the stock manifold, it won't reach the downpipe. At this stage you can either extend the downpipe to the header making it a straight-pipe illegal exhaust system, or you can remove the entire exhaust system and install another aftermarket one made for the EX. With the first option, b/c it is illegal to remove your catalytic converter you'll have to buy an alternate one to weld onto the downpipe. I would recommend getting a hi-flow one but I don't think one is made for the LX so most likely you'll have to get a universal cat. You can find one cheap off of summit racing.