New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Looking to buy an 07 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Default Looking to buy an 07 Civic

Hello everybody,

I went and test drove an 07 Civic EX (auto) and the Si. I'm debating between the 2. Here is a little history of what i do. I'm a courier and i drive approx 1000 miles a week in my own car. I need something really reliable and fun. But, i need the extra gas mileage. I don't want a hybrid. It seems the EX would suite me just fine. It's comfortable and easy to drive. But, i wanted to check out the Si for a little more excitement. To be honest with the Si, I was dissapointed with the acceleration. Before you say anything i did have it at redline before i shifted on the freeway. 2nd and 3rd gears. Even on the city streets is was slow. Great handling though. My back was a little sweaty with those seats too. So, i'm ruling out the Si. Also the gas isn't the greatest. So my questions are:

1: Are there any major problems with the EX/LX (Auto)?

2: Average M.P.G.?

3: With the 100k tune-up intervals. Does that also apply to the timing belt?

4: How reliable is this oil % reminder?

Please if there is anything else you can add to these questions i would really appreciate it. I'm getting out of an 05 Scion XB. Please don't bag on the XB. This thing has over 70,000 miles on it with 0 and i mean zero problems. I want to know if the Civic will be the same for me.