New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

Looking to buy civic

Old 01-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Default Looking to buy civic

Hey

I am in the market for a car, I am looking for the most fuel efficient car that I can still use for trips, hauling gear and what not. I was considering a civic or a corolla (considered smaller cars like the echo/yaris but just too small). I am leaning towards the civic and would like some info on them. I coming from a 1993 4Runner which is ridiculous on gas.

So I am wondering what year I should look into? I was thinking around 98-01 depending on the price and 4dr/5spd. I would like to be able to haul a small trailer with it with possibly a snowmobile and bikes. Looking to put a roof rack for bike and a roof box. Any input on how these cars work hauling a light weight trailer and it affects the mileage with a roof box and trailer?

Any other info would be great.

Old 01-17-2006, 10:42 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Looking to buy civic

Hey, for towing tralers and stuff like that there was a thread about this a little wile ago,i dont think civics are to good for that, but i think there was some guy who towed his dirt bikes with his civic and never had any problems..i would try to go for mabey a CRV, something still really good on gas but more for that kind of stuff

Old 01-17-2006, 10:52 AM

I thought of that...When I bought my 4Runner it was suppose to be pretty good on gas but it slowly got worse...I went from 450km's on a tank to 300...So I was trying to get away from the whole SUV thing. I will be towing Downhill pedal bikes. 4 bikes at a total weight of 200 pounds + trailer + some gear. Dirtbikes would weight a fair bit more...

Old 01-17-2006, 10:56 AM

crv's wont let you down... this is a honda we are talking about here