New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

New Member seeking advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Default New Member seeking advice

Hey I just joined and just recently got a Green 1998 Honda Civic Ex Sedan.

So far I got a AEM Short Ram Intake and a Magnaflow Catback coming in the mail, along with a B & M short shifter and a type r grill.

Any suggestions on what I can get next thats not too expensive. i was thinking about ebay strut bars but not sure if its worth it. also will they fit with my intake system?

i was also thinking about new headlight that are bright but not sure what to look for.

Old 07-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Default RE: New Member seeking advice

well since ur getting a catback system u might as well get some Header like some 4-2-1 headers or 4-1. also about ur headlights it all depend on what uwant. if u want to keep the OEM look than i would suggest u get those black housing OEM headlights there like $50 on ebay (doesnt include shipping). or if u want get projector they cost more tho. if it was me i would get the OEM headlight and just do the HID conversion ( yet again HIDs cost a lot of money for a good quality one). or u can get some Xeon Super white bulb and those work nicely too since i currently have those in my car and there really white lol . any ways welcoem to HCF

Old 07-30-2007, 01:00 PM
HCF Member

what exactly are you going for? performance? all show? oem look? jdm look? functional parts? non-functional?

for the strut bars, as long as you don't have the 'bottleneck' intake mani in a civic, finding an engine bay strut bar shouldn't be a problem.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:27 AM

I am going for a little performance improvement, but mostly just want something that is clean and looks good. I am not sure what intake manifold is the "bottleneck" one. I have an ex, which I believe has the side entry for the air filter on the intake manifold.

I dont plan on racing or anything. This car is a daily driver.

Would ebay struts be good for an improvement in handling. ( i have seen mugen kits with both upper front and rear and lower tie for 80-100)

also i was looking into getting a lip kit. probably type r. do most people just get the front and rear and skip the side skirts? approximately how much would it cost to get these painted and mounted?

thanks

Old 07-31-2007, 10:32 AM
Administrator

i would say get a header, then work on suspension, shocks/struts/springs

Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 PM

A lot of people have mentioned getting the header. I have researched the various brands and a lot of people recommend dc sports, however, the price is high. I noticed that the megan racing header is cheaper, but will I be sacrificing quality? I am not trying to race or anything. Just see some driving improvements during daily driving. thanks for the help.

Old 08-02-2007, 06:31 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: prophecysp04

A lot of people have mentioned getting the header. I have researched the various brands and a lot of people recommend dc sports, however, the price is high. I noticed that the megan racing header is cheaper, but will I be sacrificing quality? I am not trying to race or anything. Just see some driving improvements during daily driving. thanks for the help.
If you search for megan headers on here you will see many good reviews.