New Member Introductions Are you new to Honda Civic Forum? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride. This section is not for technical questions.

What do you suggest?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Default What do you suggest?

Hey. So I have a 2000 Civic EX and I need some suggestions of what to do to it next.

It's already lowered, I have rims and lo pro tires, it has exhaust, cold air intake, header (on order), projector headlamps, stereo. I think that's all.

I want upgrades to make it faster and nicer looking. I don't want a ricer, but I want it to look nice and not have all stock looks, but I also want it to have better performance.

I bought the car new in 2000, but due to having a child, it took me awhile to get started on doing things, so now that I've gotten a few things done, I need suggestions on what steps to take next.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, especially the ones that don't break the bank

Thanks!

Oh and I'll post pics one of these days.

Updated: OH yeah I knew I was forgetting some things, sorry I have Altezza tail lights, a short shifter, and an underbody glow kit (it was a gift).

Old 03-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Stinky Administrator
Default RE: What do you suggest?

do you have tail lights yet or a body kit or maybe a custom paint job sounds like you have allready done a lot of work to your car good luck

Old 03-20-2006, 07:17 PM
HCF Member

Instead of an expensive body kit you could just get a lip kit... For speed you could piece together a turbo, lots of possibilities

Old 03-20-2006, 11:38 PM
HCF Member

A lip kit would definitely give it some flare while not detracting from it's stock look. Since you've already done the intake, headers, and exhaust are you looking to turbo it? If not I suggest weight reduction, peel a couple of pounds off here and there and you'll feel it.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:30 PM

I would love to turbo it, but don't I need a new engine for that? Not that I couldn't use one considering mine has 83K miles on it. Oh and I know that I do want to repaint it, I was thinking this color Kandyapple Burple that my friend told me about, but I've only heard about it, I haven't actually seen it on a car yet, only a street bike.

I also found a spoiler and body kit that I want to get eventually, but will all that make it slower because of the weight?

I'm also still learning on how to mod my car on my own...my friends help me out most of time, but I want to actually try something on my own. I'm just good at the shopping part, but not the installing yet

Old 03-21-2006, 05:19 PM
HCF Member

You wouldn't need a new engine and 83K on yours isn't that bad. That thing will last you well into 200K. You've got the same engine that I do, the D16Y8. There is a sticky in the engine section https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_99532/tm.htm it should help you out with the whole "should I turbo or not" decision.

It looks like you may have already done some weight reduction. If you got yourself a good set of rims that should have shaved some weight off. Your body kit and spoiler shouldn't add any drastic weight but they are a little gaudy for my tastes. And if you've got a big system in the trunk you could looking at a bit of added weight. Also for around town driving you might want to take your spare out. Just look around and see what you wouldn't mind ripping out. When I get home I'm thinking of taking out the back seat because it's usually just me and a passenger. Think about it and I'm sure you'll figure some stuff out.

If you're going to start installing your own stuff be careful and always tinker around with a friend. Go get yourself a Honda manual and your possibilities are endless.

Old 03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
HCF Member

i dont know if you already have all that done underhood yoiu might wanna just stick with the engine you have and not turbo it. build it up for N/A. thatd be sweet.