Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo the d16, and keep the ac...

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 02:26 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by McLovin

and kylea, i kinda wish my mom didnt have a broke GSX, cuz im the one that broke it, all stock, 90k miles and still had the original timing belt, but sadly that didnt last it snapped when we were cruising down a backroad at 50 (speed limit 45) and the car just powered down and a week later we took the head off, all the valves bent, cams toast, head toast, pistons toast, con-rods probably bent.

that was a bad night.
sucks man at least it can save you a lot of dough if your moms let you take some parts

Old 05-29-2009, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by McLovin
and kylea, i kinda wish my mom didnt have a broke GSX, cuz im the one that broke it, all stock, 90k miles and still had the original timing belt, but sadly that didnt last it snapped when we were cruising down a backroad at 50 (speed limit 45) and the car just powered down and a week later we took the head off, all the valves bent, cams toast, head toast, pistons toast, con-rods probably bent.
So you're saying your mom got mad at you because the timing belt snapped while you were driving it? How were you supposed to know if she went ahead and got all of the preventative maintenance out of the way? This doesn't make sense. It's not like you can feel the timing belt going to snap, it just happens. If your mom did not replace the timing belt, that should be her own fault. I bet her service manual recommends it to be changed every like 80,000 miles or so. I really don't think you had anything to do with that belt snapping.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 PM
HCF Member

she just jokingly blames me, but i take the blame since the day before we were roast all four racing and smoking a turbo b16 hatch. The guy was talking smack about how fast his car was, but he got beat down that day.

but he didnt have a tune and his clutch was slipping bad. Its alot faster now, and the GSX was stock.

no worries its gonna be revived someday.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:37 PM
HCF Member

I'll say keep your a/c and forget the turbo.
I just took my turbo setup out because it's too dam hot.
I think I can sacrifice speed for comfort.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:11 AM

ive heard u can move the condencer but hell im not sure anybody heard of that???

Old 06-11-2009, 05:55 AM
HCF Member

move the condenser where?
How would that work.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:57 PM

idk im puttin a turbo on my y8 but i have to have my ac so im tryin to figure out what to do

Old 06-11-2009, 01:48 PM

^^ just get an A/c compatible manifold (log or cast), and a/c compatible downpipe. I am in the process of turbo-ing my y8, and I need a/c for the comfort. Once I can afford to have a second car, a/c will be pulled out.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:21 PM
HCF Member

some of the ebay turbo kits have a money back guarentee and SAY they work with your AC but not with your PS, some actually said they work with both.

oddly enough i can remember years ago when i got my first civic, back in 06 i beleive, someone on here mentioned a firewall condensor for civics, but it was only put on japan spec cars. I could never find it or the lines for it. And on the firewall i dont see how it would bring in any air, maybe im wrong on that i just could of sworn there was such a thing.

Old 06-12-2009, 01:40 AM
HCF Member

you can get a slim fan for your a/c that clears up a lot of room. I'm willing to sacrafice a/c for more power, plus just roll your windows down and drive faster lol jk

Quick Reply: turbo the d16, and keep the ac...