Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo the d16, and keep the ac...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 10:58 PM

I have a CX Racing aluminum radiator and the quality is exceptional. All of the welds look perfectly straight and everything. The only downside is the crappy drain-**** it comes with... but you can get a universal one at the auto parts store for $2.50 or buy a plug online (I recommend the plug more because the drain-***** are more prone to leaking). It's 1/4" NPT thread. This drain-**** issue is irrelevant though since you're talking about an intercooler.

Since a radiator is much like an intercooler, I would expect their intercoolers to be pretty nice.

I would not trust their turbos simply because they are not an established turbo brand. They however are probably better than most generic eBay turbos. You're better off with a real name brand on a turbo though.

For a quiet BOV I would go with something more traditional style like the GReddy type-RS... you'll notice that most BOVs are shaped the same, but you have others like the HKS that are shaped oddly. The ones that you see shaped the same are the traditional shaped ones I refer to. A DSM BOV is probably one of the quietest since it's an OEM part for Mitsubishi (turbo eclipse) but I think it's plastic. I bought a Vortech one (haven't installed yet since turbo isn't ready). Some of them are shaped in such a way that you could attach a silicone hose to it and recirculate the BOV air into the intake (if you put a short charge pipe between the turbo and filter and then run the hose to that pipe) which will offer the quietest solution. I think that is what I may do... but it takes up space (well, unless your turbo compressor housing is pointed towards the passenger side of the car) so i'm not sure.

As for exhaust... there's the APEX'i WS2 which it seems everyone has now... Tanabe hypermedallion (there's several of them... the one shaped like the WS2 is what i'm referring to), APEX'i Noir (flat black WS2... I want one soooooo bad), GReddy SP2 to name a few

Last edited by trustdestruction; 02-05-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 11:39 AM
HCF Member

thanks man, you guys are a wealth of knowledge. What about intercooler paint?

also i was going to get a turbonetics turbo i think, and get their turbo blanket to keep temps down near the compressor, then wrap the downpipe also to hold in as much heat as possible.

good to hear the CX rads are good, i might just upgrade to one of them soon with summer coming, any word on their radiator hoses?

Old 02-06-2010, 01:24 PM
HCF Member

anyone have this bov installed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblCEQXQ8Q4 If I ever get a turbo, this is one bov I've been looking at.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by inthezoneac
anyone have this bov installed? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblCEQXQ8Q4 If I ever get a turbo, this is one bov I've been looking at.
GReddy_Civic has one. I would have gotten one of those but the charge piping I bought had a GReddy-style flange so that's the type of BOV I got.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:31 PM
HCF Member

intercooler paint? bueller?