Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo the d16, and keep the ac...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 07:09 AM

Yea that always works to

Old 06-13-2009, 12:27 AM

I'm in the process of doing a turbo project (well, it's stalled for now...) and I just installed a slim A/C fan like croninc said. I gained a few inches of space, definitely worth it. You just have to find out a way to mount the condenser back in place because all of the mounts are on the stock fan shroud. You have to get creative with the rubber grommets and stock brackets. For example, I bent a bracket that I pulled off a different area of the a/c lines and wrapped it around the a/c line closest to the front of the car and then bolted the other end to the top of the radiator support. Since the a/c line is bolted right into the condenser nearby, holding the line in place holds the top of my condenser. Then on the bottom I just stuck rubber grommets on the bottom to prevent rattling. Then on the side of the condenser closest to the middle of the car I stuck a zip tie through the condenser and fastened it to the frame, and spray painted the area black for stealth. You can't even tell that I had to get creative, it all looks like it was meant to be.

Old 06-13-2009, 09:32 PM
HCF Member

My 97 civic is turbo charged without a/c but it doesnt look like it would interfere with the a/c compressor, with my cast mani and 2.5 inch down pipe granted I do have a b series engine. And I have had no problems with the ebay cast manifold or piping and intercooler, I was actually impressed but I cant say anything about ebay turbos since I dont have one. good luck with the build.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
HCF Member

Its called 2WD60
2 Windows Down, 60mph. =P

Old 06-13-2009, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Its called 2WD60
lol, where I live, windows down and 60mph just makes it more hot than windows up. lol

It's so humid here that it's a natural law that when you walk outside you are sweating.

Old 06-17-2009, 01:58 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by PunisherInOKC
Its called 2WD60
the record where i live for summer temp is over 130. Norm all summer long it can be around 125 or so. Its 100 right now.

Old 06-17-2009, 10:45 PM
HCF Member

Greddy makes an a/c relocation kit but that was for my b16...

I thoroughly enjoyed running 18psi and a/c at the same time

Old 06-18-2009, 10:53 AM
HCF Member

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...urbo+Manifolds

top manifold looks like its AC and PS compatible. Good luck with the project!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 PM
HCF Member

Originally Posted by FlipHKD720
http://www.treadstoneperformance.com...urbo+Manifolds

top manifold looks like its AC and PS compatible. Good luck with the project!
thanks guys, its on the backburner now as i killed the transmission in my race quad and gotta go out and get a new quad, thats gonna be 8500 worth of payments!

Old 02-05-2010, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

bringing it back from teh dead!

few more questions...

anyone dealt with CX racing? How are their turbo's? Intercoolers?

i like their intercooler kit because you dont have to cut into your bumper support but im wondering if anyone has anything from them or info on them.

whats the best intercooler paint? i want to go stealth and black it out but i dont want it to flake right off or cause it to hold too much heat.

Whats the quietest BOV? good quality brand like greddy or turbonetics, hks, whatever, thats fairly quiet, i dont want people to know im boosted.

Lastly, im thinking of ditching the skunk2 catback (since its fairly loud) i know putting a snail in the exhaust flow quiets them down alot and the free flowing exhaust will help getting the exhaust out, but whats a good quiet catback for turbo applications? i like the look of my skunk2, the sound too, but this build will go stealth.

ideas, comments, concerns, all are welcome.

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: turbo the d16, and keep the ac...