Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

about to drop! teg shocks question

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 01:07 PM
HCF Member
Default about to drop! teg shocks question

Im getting some used tokico shocks and coilovers off a guy's integra tomorrow for 200! But i read that integra shocks have a different sized bushing than an 00 civic.

will this really matter, and what would be the easiest/cheapest way to remedy this?

Also, i dont have a spanner wrench, is there any way around buying one? I really dont wanna wait for it to ship before i install them.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:00 PM

I think the Integras share the same suspension as the EG Civics. The LCA and bolt is what you should be concerned about I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong)

The Tegs/EG have a 84mm bolt, while EKs have an 80mm bolt. You would need to have 4mm of washers to use as a spacer.

I think I might have a set of spanner wrenchs sitting around my house. I would have to find them though.

Old 07-12-2010, 02:40 PM
HCF Member

Could i just use regular steel washers from lowes, or would they not hold up?

would using the lower control arms from my oem suspension solve the second problem?

Last edited by MaximusFunk; 07-12-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:41 PM

Your OEM suspension is designed for 80mm bolts. It will not solve the problem. Washers from lowes and the like should be just fine. Just make sure the hole in the middle is 10mm (the bolts are 10mmx80mm)

If I were to do this, I would be getting 84mm lca bolts from honda, too (ones from an integra, or EG civic). You only need two if you do decide to buy them.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM
HCF Member

yeah, I think I will get the new bolts, mainly because I've been reading that they break really easy, and that would be a nightmare to deal with. someone said they were like 8 per bolt from the dealer, ick.

so correct me if im wrong, but If i buy the 84mm lca bolts, I should be good to go for a direct fit? sorry, I know absolutely nothing about suspension parts besides what ive seen in the last couple hours.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:52 PM

Direct fit with the 4mm of washers, yes.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:00 PM
HCF Member

so I picked them up today after a 4 hour drive downstate, but after looking at them, it seems like im missing those little plate things that go on the tops.

can anyone point out things i am missing, and tell me the proper names? and also whether or not the parts can be used from my oem suspension?

Old 07-14-2010, 06:17 AM

Top hats. Yes, you should be able to use the ones from your stock set-up.

Old 07-14-2010, 05:48 PM
HCF Member

so when setting the coilovers, if I want a 2'' drop, do i twist 2'' down from the top of the threads, or 2 down from the middle of the threads?

If I set the coilovers ahead of time before installation, will this make it necessary to use a spring compressor to install them?

Old 07-14-2010, 05:56 PM

Not sure what you mean by tops or bottoms of threads.

When I installed my Dropzones on a previous Civic, it was not needed to use a spring compressor. Just becarful taking the tops hats off without a spring compressor. Once the bolt comes off, the spring and strut will shoot out.

Quick Reply: about to drop! teg shocks question