Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

About the Rotor replaced question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 10:29 AM
Default About the Rotor replaced question

Dear all,

My friend just bought a 2007 Honda Civic EX Coupe, and I have question about the rotors replaced. I went to check the rotors on Amazon. com, we decide to buy the Brembo Rotors for the front disk.

The question is this rotor only can fit the front wheels or it can fit front and rear wheels? If it only fit for front wheels, what other choice y'all recommend for the rear wheels? I think my friend only need the solid rotor not the slotted.

Another Question:
It not about the brake system, but really make me concern. When I check the Power steering fluid under hood, the fluid is shows in the Min Scale line.
And When my friend start to drive, I can heard a "Humm" sound (1.likes some machine start up sound. 2. no matter the car is cold or warm. 3. when make turn with very slow speed or just start drive under 20 miles, the sound is clear), but when the speed over 30 miles the sound is gone. Is that the power steering problem? Should go to buy the fluid and add it in or how can I simply check Power steering system by myself(without assembly)?

Thank you

Last edited by AK753951; 11-15-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:02 PM

Front will be too big for the back. You should be able to see the difference in size.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:22 PM

Thank you,
I edited my post hope it can be follow the rule.

However, I went to check some website. although they can search the car, I still worry about if I bought the parts not exact fit (or need to mod the car), I would get the trouble.

Does someone can recommend the part number?
I think I only need the solid rotors, because it is daily driving car.
now my option is Brembo(Front) and EBC (rear) or EBC(Front and rear).

Old 11-15-2013, 02:03 PM
HCF Member

sloted or drilled rotors will reduce stopping force because there is less surface area for the pads to bite onto.you'll notice alot of race cars use blank rotors. unless your buddy is tracking his car and the rotors are always glowing red hot then theres no reason for drilled sloted rotors. drilled rotors are also prone to cracking.