Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Broken bolt stuck

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Default Broken bolt stuck

I was putting on some lowering springs and while taking out the stock ones I snapped a bolt.Its the bolt this guy is working on, the head snapped off. My brother grinded down the other side enough so you could rip out the stock springs but now the bolt is just stuck in the middle. I have been spraying it with wd40 then I would hit it with a screwdriver/hammer. I cant get it out, any tips?

Old 11-10-2007, 03:47 PM
mxs
HCF Member
Default RE: Broken bolt stuck

It's probably seized to the metal sleeve in the bushing. Your choices are: replace the bushing, or replace the control arm. I don't think you'll be able to drill it out. Get a new bolt from Honda.

Old 11-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

the horible SEIZED BOLT/BUSHING........
some people say they drill them out.....

but i would CUT the bolt/bushing and replace the bushing and bolt... but that way you MUST take the lower control arm off and CROSS YOUR FINGERS that the other 2 control arm bolts arent seized!!!! and will be alot easier to have a press to remove and reinstal the new bushing....

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT THING... IF YOU REMOVE ANY OF THOSE BOLTS.... REMEMBER THE AMPLE SUPPLY OF ANTISEIZE ALL OVER THE BOLT!!! that way it wont seize up that easy again if you ever have to change your suspension again it SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM next time.....

ive been dealing with these dam seized bolt/bushings for awhile...... lower control arms, 3 seized posibilities. rear toe adjusters 2 posibilities . well i believe thier is 6 of these crapy bolt/bushings that COULD be seized

ive had to cut out 6 now..... and MOST LIKELY ill have 2more when i replace the rear camber arms...

this is what is seized...

if you remove the LCAs with the struts on them a shop can cut them out and press out the old bushings and press in new ones...
ruffly 20bucks per bushing new from dealership...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!

DONT FORGET!!!!!!!!

Old 11-11-2007, 09:47 PM

I ended up taking out the old bushing and found a new one at pepboys for 20$ It took me a really long time to get the shocks installed and this is the first thing I have ever done on a car now. My car sits so low that when I ride in it it doesnt scrape but I had my fat 350 pound friend riding passenger and his side scraped when I hit this tiny bump.