Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Energy Hyperflex Suspension Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 05:26 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Energy Hyperflex Suspension Kit

I have a couple of questions. Is it cheaper to buy the master kit than buying the individual packages? I think I wanted more or less all the bushings except for the end links for the swaybar as my car does not have swaybars. If I buy all of them separately except for the swaybar bushings would I end up paying the same amount? I haven't found a site that lists the prices for all of them... if someone can point me to one I'd appreciate it.

Second question... I asked this in another thread but here goes. Instead of burning the bushings on the LCA, can you use a hacksaw and cut up the bushing into pieces to relieve the outward force it exerts on the metal sleeve? Then pound the sleeve out with a socket?

I don't have a torch and I'd rather not burn anything... smoke, dirty, etc.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: jbum

I have a couple of questions. Is it cheaper to buy the master kit than buying the individual packages? I think I wanted more or less all the bushings except for the end links for the swaybar as my car does not have swaybars. If I buy all of them separately except for the swaybar bushings would I end up paying the same amount? I haven't found a site that lists the prices for all of them... if someone can point me to one I'd appreciate it.

Second question... I asked this in another thread but here goes. Instead of burning the bushings on the LCA, can you use a hacksaw and cut up the bushing into pieces to relieve the outward force it exerts on the metal sleeve? Then pound the sleeve out with a socket?

It's cheaper to buy the whole kit. and you should have at least a front sway bar, but you never mentioned the vehicle you had.

you could try hacking up the bushings but they are faiirly resilient to cutting and it would be really hard to get a hacksaw close enough to do some damage. I used a lot of angry brute force to get the bushings out of my truck when i did the full prothane install. i was considering getting a shop to do it, but they quoted me 5 hours for each side of the front suspension, let alone the remaining bushings. so save yourself the money and try it yourself. if you get stuck bring the piece and new bushing to a shop to get them to press-fit it in.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:47 PM
HCF Member

oh my car is a '93 Civic DX 4DR. I'm pretty sure my car doesn't have a sway bar in the front.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:28 AM
mxs
HCF Member

I haven't found a site that lists the prices for all of them... if someone can point me to one I'd appreciate it.
www.energysuspensionparts.com

Instead of burning the bushings on the LCA, can you use a hacksaw and cut up the bushing into pieces to relieve the outward force it exerts on the metal sleeve?
You want to hack through the inner collar??! It's 1/8" thick steel with a 3/8" hole in the middle. When you burn the rubber, then the inner collar will just fall out.

Then pound the sleeve out with a socket?
The sleeve is like bonded to the control arm... you can't knock it out... I have used a hacksaw to cut through it and then pushed it out with an air chisel

If you don't want to get dirty, this project is not for you!

Old 11-28-2007, 10:05 AM
HCF Member

i went to a certified honda place for an estimate.
I told them, mount and balance my rims and tires, front and rear camber kit, springs/shocks, bushings, and aligmnment.
They said $1200 + 50 for alignment.
And that they would do the springs/shocks and camberkits for free, and bushings would be 1200.
Also they said it would take 3 days