Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Grinding

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 02:20 AM
HCF Member
Default Grinding

Hey guys, I was out with one of my friends tonight and I noticed a noise in the right rear wheel when I took anything sharper than a gentle right turn. I turned off my radio and it really doesn't sound good at all, the sharper the turn the worse the grinding noise got. On slightly sharp turns it would clunk but when I went in a circle in a parking lot to see if I could make it do it again, it was a constant grinding, loud too... Any ideas what this could be? The brake drum on the other side (drivers side) has already had rust cleaned off of it to make a clunking noise go away in making right turns as well so I have no idea what it could be unless its that just on the right side now, and worse than the other side was and I'm running short on $$ at the moment so I'm scared to take it to the shop lol. Thanks in advance!

- Craig

Old 03-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Grinding

are you lowered at all...how big are your rims...it could just be badwheel rub

Old 03-12-2007, 12:13 PM
HCF Member

Its not lowered at all and I have the stock rims on there right now. I have 17's for it but they are in my basement until I know the snow is done and until I get the new tires I have on them.

Old 03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
HCF Member

Well, after taking it to the dealer, I learned that its not griding at all... The welds that support the muffler broke and its swaying back and forth and when i make right turns its hitting the gas tank. So instead of replacing the perfectly good exhaust I had installed last year with one from Honda for $485 before tax, I am taking it to the exhaust guy that installed it for me last year and he is going to re-weld the support brackets. Hopefully no more issues wiht this darn exhaust after this.... Thanks for your help though!

- Craig