Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Help Regarding Air shock Suspension

Old 01-21-2008, 01:13 AM
Default Help Regarding Air shock Suspension

My boyfriendwent to florida thisweek andhe left his97 civic ex w/air shocks suspension in my garage. I was checkin it andplaying with the controllerand everything is ok, then i took the car for a short ride and i notice the right rear side was a little down, when i was clicking the controller again, it wont work anymore. I tried all the controller switches and nothing work. I dont hear anything, as if there is no power on it. Also inotice the tank is low on air but it is not refilling. use to be in 200psi , now its just 100psi. I dont know what happened. Does anyone know anything regarding air shocks. PLease help.....

Old 01-21-2008, 06:01 AM
Cat Fuсker
Default RE: Help Regarding Air shock Suspension

well....does he have a compressor in the system or did he refill the tank somewhere? I assume you let the air out when you were playing with the controller.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 AM

yes it has a compressor and he did show that to me before that everytime the psi goes below 200, the compressor will start and fill up the tank. It wasstill around 200psi when this thing stops working.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 AM

You might have better luck on a mini truck forum, there's not many of us that have experience with air suspension. There's only one member I can think of that has had it and one thats in the process of having it. If your boyfriend put on the suspension chances are he will know whats wrong with it

Old 01-22-2008, 04:10 PM
HCF Member

More than likely if nothin is workin ten some wiring has come loose or something...maybe a ground?? it could really be anything...

Old 01-22-2008, 04:27 PM
Recognized HCF Member

na more than likely he has a kill switch on the air compressor.....

a kill switch will keep the compressor/s from kicking ON and OFF when the car is OFF, and some valves when they dont have enough air pressure on them they wont work.... at least from what ive read about....

look for a switch in the car or just call him and ask him where the switch is at for the compressor.
but if your trying to not let him know then just look around to find a switch and then flick the switch, you should be able to hear the compressors kick ON and start pumping up the system back to normal. JUST REMEMBER to flick the switch back off.... or if thiers a small leak in the system the compressor will keep kicking ON which will drain the battery preaty fast!

Old 01-22-2008, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the help guys, he is coming back tomorrow , i'll just tell him that the thing just stop workin, btw , i saw the switchjust beside the battery, i did switch iton and off but nothing happened.Thanks Again..

Old 01-23-2008, 02:54 PM
HCF Member

ive had a bagged truck for 5 years...if the compressors are cut off then the valves stil should work....it doesnt matter if theres 0psi in the tank the valves will still click...so if the valves isnt clicking when u hit the switch box then something is came loose unless he has a kill switch on everything whick i highly doubt it...