Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Lower Control Arm questions and more...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 11:22 PM
HCF Member
Default Lower Control Arm questions and more...

1.) Whats the reason on getting new LCA's when replacing suspension?

2.) I in no way will ever be able to put on new shocks and struts on my car, so therefore, when i do buy a nicesuspension set-up for my car(probably being tokicos and either tein s.techs or thetokico springs) should ijust buy new LCA's and bolts to bring to my mechanicwhen i get the set-up installed? (i will also be buying a camber kit)

3.) what else should be bought besides new LCA's and bolts when replacing suspension.

4.) will rubbing be an issue with 17 inch rims on 205/40/17 tires with a 1.75 - 2.00 inch drop?

thanks

Old 02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Default RE: Lower Control Arm questions and more...

1) couple reasons, 1: generations such as mine, the LCA's dont come with endlink attachments for a rear sway bar so we have to buy em if we want to add a rear sway. 2: it makes install suspension a tad bit easier since ur most likely going to break a bolt and may have to replace a bushing or 2.

2) u dont HAVE to buy new LCA's when u get the new suspension but it wouldnt hurt. buying new bolts and maybe bushings for the LCAwould be a good idea tho.

3) nothing really unless u wana upgrade ur bushings. the new suspension should come with everything u need.

4) i dont think u'll have a problem, might have to roll the fenders but doubtful.

Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 PM
HCF Member

1) mostly they are much lighter than stock and they look cool. the only big performance plus is if your LCA's come with poly bushings

2) you dont NEED the aftermarket LCA's but, again, they look good and are lightweight. if you cant afford them, then you can buy poly bushings for like twenty five bucks and get 60% of the performance jump of aftermarkets plus poly bushings.

3) honestly i'd buy a camber kit BEFORE LCA's...but if you can get them both at the same time that would be sweeeet

4) you should be fine

Old 02-21-2007, 09:57 PM
HCF Member

1. some companies design them to "bring" the bottom of the tire in closer to correct negative camber

4. no, i was dropped 2.25/2.5 and only rubbed on a little front plastic fender liner tab which i removed anyway