Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Premature tire wear on my 06 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Default Premature tire wear on my 06 Civic

I tried searching for similar posts but didn't find anything. So.........

At about 22K miles on my 06 Civic, I noticed the rear tires making noise which sounded relative to a lost wheel weight. Based on that, I didn't even bother to look at the tires.I justpulled in to a local Discount Tire and asked for a balance check. They came back and said the rear tires were hosed. I looked and it was easy to see that the inside of the two rear tires were badly worn and out of round. Next stop.....The dealer.

I went to Right Honda in Scottsdale. They do my maintenance. I was a little hacked off because I had asked for a tire rotatin at 11K miles and I figured they didn't doit. I told them the story of the noise and my subsequent trip to Discount Tire. They took the car in for a little look.

It turns out that there was an alignment problem with the rear of the car. Honda replaced the tires and realigned both the front and rear of the car, no charge. I was told that Honda has seen this popping up in 2006 Civics.

Just thought I'd pass that on.

S.C.