Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Price of lowering a car with coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:18 PM
Default Price of lowering a car with coilovers?

Does ne one out there know how much it should or would cost to get my car lowered i have a 97 Honda Civic EX and i am goin to put Dropzone Coilovers on there if ne body could tell me a estimated price that would be great thanks alot guys.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:52 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Price of lowering a car with coilovers?

id personally go with ground control. you can get a setup for about a hundred bucks on ebay. search for "gc civic coilover" city-speed sells alot of these on there. he seems to be a good guy.

Old 09-15-2004, 08:59 PM

i have dropzone coilovers and i did my own install...if you plan on doing your own install a hundred bucks give or take a couple dollors should be enough wehter it be gc or dz.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:09 PM

ohbiskits i have heard of doin it your self but i really dont know what tools i need and really how to do it, i was thinkin bout doin it my self but like i said dont know how if u could let me know how that would be great thanks man.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:23 PM

its not really that hard...you will need a spring compressor which you can borrow from autozone and some socket wrenches and open ends aswell...when you jack up your car you will see that its prettly self explaintory...for the fronts you will need to pop the hood and under the hood you will see the top of the shocks you will loosen the 2 nuts on each(it will be easier to do this last so that your not fighting the shock assembly as you loosen the bottom end) and then go down and look at the shock/ spring assembly and you will see a pinch bolt where the damper fork connects to the shock...loosen that and also loosen the damper fork at the bottom and wiggle it around and it will fall down then loosen the brake lines from the shock and it will come out...then you will hhave to use the spring compressor to compress the spring and then you can take the shock cap off and take the spring out and replace with the new coil over...then reverse...for the rear its the same except no damper fork..i have a hatch so im not exactly sure how the top of the shocks are on yours...im sure its the same...there should be (in your trunk) on the wheel wells a cap just pop it off and u will see the same as the front...when you look at the shock assembly it wil be easy to see... sorry if i jumbled up if you need anything clearified just ask