Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Question about installation

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Default Question about installation

Hey, ive recently bought some coilovers but im not quit sure how to install them and i dont really wanna kill myself. If anyone has like step by step instructions on how to install them i have all the tools i just need a lil idea on how to get them in. My car is a 96....thanks

Old 10-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Default RE: Question about installation

are coilovers with struts of just the adjustible springs? If you have coilovers with struts all you do is remove the old system and put your coilovers on they should be bolt on.
You probably have the adjustable springs. You lift the side of your car y want to do first. make sure u put something under the car so it wount fall. this is a very long project so if it is your first time it will take u awhile. you should have a tool that compresses springs to do the job. squse the spring hard so you can compress shock in order to remove it. dont forget about the bolts that hold in on top under your hood and trunk. Do the rear first in my opinion those are the easiest to do. when you removed a strut assemble be carefull. dont release a spring i still should be compressed. then separate a shock from the spring. DONT RELEASE THE SPRING because it is under pressure.When puting coilovers inside a stock shock it might not fit so u have to cut off a rubber boot around it.
Hope that helps