Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

So i just bout a 95 civic, please help...

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Default So i just bout a 95 civic, please help...

New to the whole civic thing, I bought a 95 civic, can't really tell what trim the car is, LX vs DX or what have you. Is there a way I can tell by the vin number?

A little about the car, it supposedly has a JDM 95 integra b16 block sitting on a b18 tranny , the engine sounds ok, no knocking noises, body is in decent shape as is the interior, I got her for 2700, which i thought was a steal until i jacked it up to try and change the tires.

The lower control arm ?bushing? is shot, the wheel itself has some play. The part of the arm furthest away from the tire is where the ?bushing? is shot.

I'm looking to replace the arm but I have some questions.

Does it make a difference if I go with a stock LCA, does the different engine size/weight make any kind of difference. Will a LCA from an Acura Integra fit? If I choose to go with 2 new LCA's would it be worth the money to go with after market parts, and which one's should i be looking at. I'm on a pretty tight budget but i have to get her driving.

I also noticed it has adjustable coil over springs, looks like the cheap stuff they sell on ebay. I was shocked to see that when i had the car up there was absolutely no tension on the springs, I could even move the spring itself up and down with like 2 inches worth of play, this has to be bad right? I see the adjustable turning things, one is cocked and the threads are stripped aswell.

Obviously they are bad, my question is if the springs are not doing anything, whats the car holding itself up with? When i hit a bump it hits hard. I need to drive this car, its sitting really low on factory 15's, looks like the wheels are tucked somewhat.

Can I even drive this like this for a week. or am I going to bottom out and really hurt something?

Giving what I said about the b16 swap, what would you recommend for lowering springs and struts? I was looking at eibachs set for like 416 with both springs and struts, but agaion im on a budget.

Sorry there were so many questions, any and all advive will be appreciated, thanks...