General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

question bout buying a civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
HCF Member
Default question bout buying a civic

how do you feel about buying a car that's been raced and modified already. of course everyone wants to cos it saves the hassle sometimes of already having to do shiz done to it. but there's always catches too though. like how hard did the person drive it that had it before you and what's wrong with it INTERNALLY. cos i know damn sure if someone has stuff done to it, they was definitely, most likely, possibly racing it or "hot roddin'" it at one point. my question is should i buy a car like that with the possibility of something beeing wrong with it. i'm looking at a 97 hatch all jdm with a b swap or an integra with an original b motor with a good bit of miles. should i just go with buying a plain jane one with less miles and fix it up myself. that might save me the trouble of almost having a rod sling in it or some ****.

please noone bitch and tell me this doesn't belong here cos i don't really know where it belongs. i'm new

Old 02-01-2010, 02:58 PM
HCF Member

The problem with buying a car that has been modified is you can never be sure of the parts they used, or the quality of the job done. They may say they have done this and that to the car / motor, but just be bull****ting you. They could have used cheap parts, skipped corners in a build, and even forgotten to do things.
Your best bet is to get a stock car and build it yourself.

And you posted this in the correct section.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Sir Banned-a-lot

what trust said.. but thats basicly with any used car... i would have someone experienced look over it