Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Suspension installed - sorry no pictures though

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Default Suspension installed - sorry no pictures though

If you have seen my earlier posts, I've been asking for advice on a basic suspension setup. I decided to go with Tein H-Tech springs and KYB GR2 struts. I'm happy to announce that they were installed yesterday. As for pictures, you don't want to see my car. I'll give you a little hint why - I don't need carbon fiber to lighten the car, because I have rust. I guess I have to expect it on a 92 Civic.

It seems to be a stiffer ride and I can take corners better, but it is bouncy when I drive over uneven patches of road or when there is a dip. Honestly, I prefer the stock suspension, but I guess I need to get adjusted to this setup. I hope my opinion changes after a week.

I have a couple of quick questions:
The driver side seems to be lower than the passenger side. Is this normal? The guy who installed it said that it happened with his EK Civic, but since he had coilovers, he was able to compensate for it. I can put only one finger in the driver's side and I can put about 2.5 fingers in the passenger side (which I prefer). If you say that the passenger side needs to settle, then damn, the car is lowered more than expected. Is there a way to fix that? Thanks in advance for any reponses.