Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Suspension setting for DD

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 02:16 PM
HCF Member
Default Suspension setting for DD

I'm going to order s.techs probably next week if I put some overtime in on monday. I ordered a front upper strut bar that I plan on installing while I have the struts off, and then I'm going to align everything to finish it off.

Anyways, what are the correct camber/caster/toe settings for daily driving?

Also, if I do encounter a slight camber issue after installation of the springs, is there any way I can adjust the suspension without a camber kit? I have tools, welder... just about everything. A guy at work (who I'm not sure if I should trust) said you can adjust the camber in the rear just by puting some washers in somwhere (sorry about being vague but honestly I havn't gotten down there and inspected the suspension on this car yet).

Old 10-08-2006, 02:23 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Suspension setting for DD

worry more about Toe in. that's what causes your car's tires to wear out when you drop your car.

Old 10-08-2006, 02:27 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Suspension setting for DD

When you drop a car, typically it toes out from what I can remember.

Most vehicles call for a slight toe in because it helps corning stability. Toe out helps straightline stability. You are correct though, having anything but neutral toe is the biggest killer of tires.

Cambering out (bottom of tire out) helps with cornering at the sacrifice of straight line traction. Anything but neutral camber will cause either the inside or outside edge of the tire to wear faster.

I'm thinking Honda probably specifies most everything to be neutral except maybe a slight toe in but I have no idea because I don't have their alignment specs and I want to make sure the suspension is aligned correctly.