Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

Suspension suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Finally remembered a friend of mine has the know-how, the garage space, and the tools to do this (he had just lifted his Jeep and has a Toyota Supra torn down waiting for some parts), so I went out today and got the front ones on.

I'm glad I didn't do this myself, it would have been a disaster.

The holes for the bolts on the front end were about .1 in too small, so we had to go get a steel drill to bore it out. I didn't get the back ones in because the stock bolt wouldn't break loose. We turned the head a quarter turn and there was no movement, so any more and we'd have broken it and I'd be up **** creek. So we put the back wheels back on and we'll wait until I can get the bolts in from the dealer.

I definitely like it so far. It's a harder ride for sure, but it should soften a touch as the springs break in, and it's definitely not unbearable. I've just gotta readjust the springs, my alignment's garbage.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:26 PM

Welp. That was a huge pain in the butt. The metal sleeve was pretty much bonded with the bolt on the back, and the boltholes in the new suspension (on the front end) were too small. Thank goodness I was doing this with a buddy with lots of tools and machine-shop experience. It turned into a 12-hour job, with cutting, torching, sawing, and grinding.

But it's on and I love it! Except now I need camber kits. Doh. And it looks like not many people like to make camber kits for the front of a 2004 Civic, other than the cam bolts. I've been warned away from those.

Any thoughts? I'm looking at a set of SPC kits for the front and rear.

Old 11-26-2011, 12:32 PM

If you don't wanna spend much and you want great ride quality along with performance just get Eibach springs. Sportlines. or Prolines. You won't regret it they are quite cheap and have a million mile warranty. I love the ride quality over stock so much more