Suspension, Brakes, Tires & Wheels Talk about your suspension, tires, wheels and brakes within.

These Coilovers Good?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 10:16 AM
Default These Coilovers Good?

I was searching for a set of coilovers, and I was trying to find something cheap. How do these look, would you recommend them? They're the cheapest I could find but that makes me nervous...anyway, here's the link : )

http://www.robearracing.com/pd-progr...ic-integra.cfm

Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 AM

Progress makes some good suspension products, however, I never knew they made a coilover kit and I've never heard anyone mention them. I've heard many great things and have had personal experience(installing) their swaybar setups. It is a good company, but I don't know how their coilovers hold up. I'd be confident that their materials are good, I just don't know how well their shocks work. It might be somewhat a shot in the dark, but I think you would have a good outcome. My best guess is their coilover might be comparable to say Skunk2(but from the looks of it, Progress' spring rates are more suitable).

I really do like that they offer the spring rates. What kind of ride are you looking for? Looking on Progress' website, seems like their "Street Performance" would be nice for fun daily driving. Their "Street Sport" setup looks like it'd be good for a beginner AutoXer. Their "Autocross/Drag Launch" setup is definitely a bit more aggressive and I'd stay away from it for comfortable daily driving and if you aren't into racing. Could be a safety issue for a non-experienced driver..

Hell if I were looking for a coilover setup on my daily driver '99 Civic, I'd probably go with these on the "Street Sport" setup.

Last edited by civicexracer; 07-28-2010 at 09:24 AM.