Suspension, Brakes, Wheels & Tires

NRG Rear Upper Tower Strut Bar

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
HCF Member
Default NRG Rear Upper Tower Strut Bar

Distributor: CarDomain Store
Product:Pilot Front Upper TowerStrut Bar
Car:1996 -1998 HondaCivic Dx (Fits all trims)
Price: $53.90 Shipped (Currently priced at $43.95)
Installation: The item was shipped in pieces in one box. It did not include directions, but the installation difficulty proves the directions otherwise useless. First, I assembled the bar by connecting the center section to the end links that were included via the included allen bolts and nuts. I then used a box cutter to remove small incisions in the trunk carpet to gain access to the strut towers. Then I removed the four strut tower bolts in the trunk (two on each side). I placed the bar in position, then tightened the endlinks to secure it's position. In my case, the fitment wasn't exact, so therefore i used a file to file out the strut bolts a small bit to a very secure fit, which worked out for the best. Then I torqued the strut tower bolts back to their original specs listed in the manual.
Installation Time: 30 minutes (10 minutes to cut carpet, 5 minutes to assemble, 10 minutes to modify to fit, 5 minutes to install)
Review: I give this product a4 out of 5.The product was in the titanium finish and gives a great look with the color of the oem trunk carpet. It's constructed of lightweight aluminium, but also gives a superior job of tightening up the rear suspension and eliminating an enormous amount of rear body roll. This bar really helps out at high speeds, such as the highway, where the rear of the car tends to drift from side to side, which is also eliminated. The rear strut bar is quite effective over the front strut bar and gives a firm entrance in any type of turn. The product is very durable and doesn't take up much useable trunk space. Here is a picture of the product installed on my 1997Honda CivicDx Coupe: