Transmission & Differential All trans and diff topics can be found within.

The right transmissioni for the application.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Default The right transmissioni for the application.

So we are putting together a rally car using a 1988 CRX. It's moving along, still in the early stages though. Our first real shake down event ended early with the transmission housing actually breaking apart and having to push it back to the pit area to tow it home. We will be dropping it soon to figure out how the hell that happened and what else is damaged.
That brings me to the question. What kind of transmission would you all suggest be used for this kind of application? It's going to have to withstand some rough driving, high RPMs and lots of shifting. I still don't know how we did that to the transmission and would be willing to go with something stock if I know that was an anomaly.

Also, we're thinking about using Integra or Accord suspension for the car. Higher ride hieght, should still work fine. If you've got any input on this, go ahead and voice it.

Old 08-07-2008, 09:02 PM
HCF Member

This sounds pretty cool, I've thought about doing this with my hatch. There is someone on this forum to had a ef hatch and did a rally civic. Damn I can't remember what it was called. He would be able to help you someone on here must know what I'm talking about.

I would suggest an aftermarket clutch and flywheel. I have a dseries trans I'm selling if your interested look in my sig.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:38 AM

Oh yeah. The engine is a D16Z6. Thanks, and we'll keep your transmission in mind, jpnolan.