Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

air control lights no longer light up

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 01:32 PM
HCF Member
Default air control lights no longer light up

i have a 05 civic and while not 100% sure, but pretty sure, the translucent nick in the dial that controls fan speed, direction of air, and temp, lights up

now i opened up the unit to redo some LED wires, and when plugging everything back in, they no longer light up! i have no idea what i could have missed, since i checked and everything is plugged in.

the actual functions of the dials work, it does control the fan speed, temp, etc.

thanks for any help

Old 02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: air control lights no longer light up

oh crap actually i noticed none of my "when headlights are turned on" interior illumination is working. the auto stick lights "D D2 D3 R etc" are not lighting up either. what could have gone wrong?

the only thing i touched behind the stereo was the power and ground leading to the stereo, i cut them and spliced my LED's with them

Old 02-08-2008, 05:12 PM
HCF Member

Is your radio working? you are probably using too much power from those wires. If not maybe you moved something while you were cutting the wires.

Old 02-08-2008, 08:18 PM
HCF Member

radio is working

another thing i noticed, when i use the remote lock, the lights no longer blink on each press of the close and lock. they do function however, and makes the "beep" after the two clicks.

i was also under the steering wheel taking a look at the cover and the fuse box. i did not touch anythign at all, at least not on purpose, but just incase that might be the cause i thought i should put that into the open.

thanks for any help

Old 02-09-2008, 04:18 AM
HCF Member

You said you redid LEDs
in all honesty it would be really helpful if you explained exactly what you did with LED wires

Old 02-09-2008, 11:26 AM
HCF Member

sorry

when i first had my LED's wired up, i had the all the ground wires from the LED wired to the black ground cable going to the stereo.

also before i had the wires going to the yellow, always on 12v wire, i switched to the red 12v so the lights would turn off with the engine

Old 02-09-2008, 11:46 AM
HCF Member

woo i fixed it

apparently it was luckily just a blown fuse,

"Small Light" fuse i guess. dont know how it happened, i disconnected neg battery cable and everything, maybe when i was putting the dash back in with the battery cable on? idk maybe. well im glad its fixed thanks guys