Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

alarm and kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Default alarm and kill switch

alright, well i knojust about nothingwhen it comes to alarm systems, kill switches, etc...i asked a buddy of mine who installs ignition interlock systems for ppl who have DUI's and knows a thing or 2 about alarms what he suggests. he pointed me to the Viper 1002 system, read a lil bit about it and seems pretty good. any feedback on this system? since my buddy installs interlock systems, he said he'll do a kill switch for me for free.he knows how to makeit so no one can easily just bypass it,its his job to make sure no drunk or even sober person can do so...any other info on alarms, types, brands, prices, etc would be greatly appreciated!! [/align][/align]thanks!![/align]

Old 04-20-2007, 06:32 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: alarm and kill switch

I just bought the viper 5002 just a step above. Have yet to install but have heard great things. When it comes to a car alarm id tell u to spend the extra money. The 1002 is pretty basic.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:02 AM

I own Viper791vx, to be honest I want something else (leaning towards compustar).

Old 04-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Recognized HCF Member

well anything can be done
what i would sugest if you REALY want your car safe is to fab up some shields as well....
ive been wanting to build one for my car since i bought it BUT i just havent felt like it or had the time yet....

what im talking about is building a metal shield under the dash.... that way no one can just reach up under the dash and reach the alarm system or get to any wires under thier.....
cause if ya dont have a shield under the dash... then anyone can just look up under thier and start yanken wires.... cause hell i could hot wire my car when i bought it it had some crummie starter wkill and yet the relay and starter wire where just hangen down and loose... TOTAL CRAP... i could easily riped the wires apart and twisted em together to hot wire the starter!

i dont know honda didnt put a shield down thier...... it alone could save some people stealing them!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM

Hey All,
Anyone have a diagram using a Bosch relay to kill the starter with a negative trigger wire from the alarm system on a 97 EX Coupe? Thanx!

Old 07-22-2010, 08:08 AM

Please start a new thread instead of gravedigging 3 year old threads that aren't the same topic.