Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Can't Stop the BEEPING!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 02:22 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Can't Stop the BEEPING!!!

just do what i did, i finally got fed up, and just ripped the stupid sensor in the door right out

Old 04-25-2007, 02:31 PM

I hear you on that. Want to try to avoid doing that but the thought has crossed my mind.

Old 04-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Recognized HCF Member

ya if you have a alarm system then just rewire the door triggers directly to the alarm system....

but you can just unplug the wire off the sensors... but if you have a alarm system then either cut the wire and rewire it to the alarm door input or run new wires to each door trigger......

but ive asked the question before and NO ONE seems to know where that freaken beeping is comen from.LMFAO

Old 04-25-2007, 03:27 PM

I found your posts Addiction and didn't see a final answer. I don't have an alarm on it.

You said "just unplug the wire off the sensors" where is it? Is this just for the ignition sensor? Or will it effect other things as well?

What about this. I just had a brain storm. How difficult would it be to "swap" the driver side doorwiring with the passenger side wiring. The beeping doesn't happen when the passenger side is opened. Then after swapping, I would disconnect the passenger side. I don't care what happens when the passenger side opens. That, in theory would solve the problem... I think.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Recognized HCF Member

well no need to switch the sensors... that wouldnt do much of anything...
and ya dont have a alarm system so just unplug the triggers......

just open your door, look at the trigger push piece... and pull the inside panel off alittle... dont have to remove it.... and simply unplug the wire.....

itsjust a simpleground activated wire.... when the door is open the inside metal contact touces another piece of metal thats secured to the cars metal... very simple and cheap!
unpluging it will work without them just fine.....
and if ya ever do get a alarm WHICH YA SHOULD HAVE..... then just conect wires to both door triggers... they are the same type.. just some special wiring thru the car which senses which wire is which door.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:11 AM

I see what you mean. I didn't actually mean switching out the door sensors. What I'm thinking to do isswitching what the car thinks is the driver door and passenger door. If I can do that, I know the beeping will stop andthe dome light will still turn on and thingslike that.I'm going to try a couple things this weekend. If I can get something good to work, I'll let you know Addiction as I know you've been looking for this answer also.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Recognized HCF Member

you can always just rewire your dome light as well..... or get some like white cold cathodes.. put them under the seats.... and wire the ground wires on them to the door pin switches.... and just run a power wire from the fuse box to the lights and thiers a nice bright under seat lights for ya

just an idea for ya.... but if ya wanted to just swap the door sensor wires that can be done BUT youd have to still run wires.....
if ya want to do it that way id sugest geting some speaker wire... cause theirs 2 strands on them together... then run them under your carpet and just right across the car next to the switches... then just wire one wire to the stock wire, and on athe other side conect it to the switch and vis versa.... cause ones they go into a large harness and around the computuer and relays... well good luck tracking them down for a simple 2wire cut and crimp.lol

http://www.oznium.com/

make your lights alittle custom might as well.... and just forget about the dinging totaly! just as long as your smart enough to turn your headlights off ya dont need that dinger!