Audio/Visual & Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Hooking up a Sub

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:07 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Hooking up a Sub

ORIGINAL: Stumasters

I am not looking at my manual atm, but I would only assume that the black would be ground and yellow power. You can look in your fuse box down under the dash, find the cig. lighter fuse, and pull it before splicing into the wire, if you don't want to take the battery cables off. Then when you get the wire run where you want it and switched properly, just plug the fuse back in. If theres a short somewhere it will pop, then you know you did something wrong and need to check it out.

If you switch it, make sure to ground the switch well to something under the dash. There are all kinds of screws under there that touch metal, something tight would be ideal.
Thanks I got some of the wiring done today, hopefully I'm able to finish everything next weekend.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:51 PM
HCF Member

make sure you put up some pics when you're all done and let us know how it bumps. the best thing is.. as soon as you're done with your initial wiring.. the only thing you need to do to upgrade is hook up your new amp or your new subs to your current wires.

i said before that i agreed with remmy sort of in that you need to know what youre doing when you do it. but its a very good thing to do it yourself because if something goes wrong with your system.. at least you have a general knowlege of how it all works so you can have a place to start looking n try to find the problem and fix it yourself instead of paying someone 50 or 100 bux to do it every time.

like i said we want pics when its done. ha.

the best of luck on the rest of your wiring adventure.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: badb0ybilly

make sure you put up some pics when you're all done and let us know how it bumps. the best thing is.. as soon as you're done with your initial wiring.. the only thing you need to do to upgrade is hook up your new amp or your new subs to your current wires.

i said before that i agreed with remmy sort of in that you need to know what youre doing when you do it. but its a very good thing to do it yourself because if something goes wrong with your system.. at least you have a general knowlege of how it all works so you can have a place to start looking n try to find the problem and fix it yourself instead of paying someone 50 or 100 bux to do it every time.

like i said we want pics when its done. ha.

the best of luck on the rest of your wiring adventure.
Thanks. I will definitely get some pictures up here when I get 'er finished.