EK Swaps 1996-2000 Civics

EK mini-me build!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 05:24 AM
HCF Member

wow!
thanks a lot funk!
i never did adjust the valve lash! break out the chiltons! lol
ill try and find the coolant leak, and switching the maf and the tps. but did you mean map sensor and tps because i dont think my car has a maf sensor! thanks man!

Old 10-28-2011, 07:39 PM
HCF Member

burning a lot of oil.
really mad i didnt bore the block now... its either that or valve guides... sawdy...
the cam was 2 teeth out... coulda had a really bad problem if it was 1 more out. even more sawdy.
SO AFTER I BLEW A MOTOR, PUT IT IN, NOW ITS GOTTA COME BACK OUT!
so. now that im going to do all of this, and i still have warranties on all the gaskets, im gunna build her up. its game over.
im taking a few months, to save up some dough, and drop another grand on this car.
ill post some stuff once i play around with the compression calculator.

Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM
HCF Member

Tell me if this makes anysence!?

So i dropped the car off at my Honda Guru (been working on Jap cars for 30 years), explained what was going on and he worked his magic this last month and said the cars running strong. It still burning oil, the lowest score on the compression test was 178psi, but he thinks its one of the bottom rings, the actual oil ring, is bad. The cam gear was off by 2 teeth and someone told me that may have bent a valve and that could be leaking the oil in. Now I live in Phoenix and the cars in Cleveland. To be safe, i'm going to run a test pipe while it makes the journey down here so my new cat doesnt get all clogged up.
My issues does a bad ring sound right? Valve guides are my only other concern but when i cleaned and polished the combustion chambers there was very little, if any, play in the valves at all...
I know being 3 teeth off will basicly completely **** a motor all together, but would 2 teeth bend a valve to point where shes spitting a lot of white smoke?
and worst of all, should i even try to drive this car 2000 miles to arizona if any of these issues are happening (i just dont want to completely screw the cylinders up so bad where i have to get it resleeved or get stranded in the middle of nowhere oklahoma or new mexico). I'm just so fustrated with this car. $3000 2 years ago, put $3000 into a complete restoration/ overhaul and shes still not right, and worst off I have to redo almost everything ive already done!
HELP!