Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

AutoZone v OEM Honda parts

Old 04-23-2007, 11:27 PM
Default RE: AutoZone v OEM Honda parts

ORIGINAL: AOL.COM

going to auto zone is like going to burger king for a steak dinner[:'(]
haha true dat homie

Old 04-24-2007, 07:21 AM
HCF Member

arcing is easy to find, open the hood at night or in the garage and look, if you see lightning...... you should search this forum for your symptoms, its been discussed and trouble shooted alot here..
and for the record, you want your car to run topnotch but your willing to sacrifice on substandard parts, your also decreasing your cars lifespan... if not honda parts , then go to a speed shop.. i gauranty if you look at almost all autozone parts and compare you can see a difference,, andfeel a difference.. for instance the caps at a/z are like 25% thinner than oem, which could result in arcing, they are brittle, andthe coil contact breaks very easy......

Old 04-25-2007, 10:45 AM
HCF Member

i think thats only if you buy their brand...you can buy "brandname" parts at autozone...like nology wires...MSD ignition stuff.... and i wouldnt really talk that bad about autozone stuff...i havent seen any one have problems with them...and my hole family is into cars...and doing things themself....

Old 04-25-2007, 12:09 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: the_turtle

i think thats only if you buy their brand...you can buy "brandname" parts at autozone...like nology wires...MSD ignition stuff.... and i wouldnt really talk that bad about autozone stuff...i havent seen any one have problems with them...and my hole family is into cars...and doing things themself....
exactly, parts places are "parts distributors", so they therefore distribute parts that are the same as other parts stores, if you buy the cheapest parts you can find, of course the quality isn't going to be the same, but if you buy name brand parts and supplies such as bosch, msd, etc. then you should expect oem standards. everyone dogs on all of the parts stores because they sell cheaper versions of some items. but when it comes time to buy something that only the dealer sells, you get all pissed off that the dealer charges you so much, so basically, that makes some of you hypocrites that do that.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:00 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for all the input guys. Turns out that we have a family friend who runs a NAPA store nearby that I somehow managed to forget about...[sm=oopssign.gif] lol Anyway, Im going to go down there this week probably or next, depending on free time since finals are next week, and get the parts because its starting to do the wierd starting thing more often. Also, he has the good parts too so I was looking to get those (NGK wires and plugs, TEC distributor cap/rotor since thats what Honda uses) So hopefully this fixes it. Thanks again for all your help, much appreciated!!

Craig

Old 05-01-2007, 04:18 AM

Autozone parts in 98 civic works fine no problems

Old 05-05-2007, 05:32 PM
HCF Member

Thanks for all the help guys! I got the parts yesterday and installed them today and I can see a difference in the way the car is running already. The old plugs were defintately in need of changing and the old cap and rotor were worn too. I appreciate all the opinions and everything, thanks again!

- Craig

Old 05-06-2007, 06:46 PM
HCF Member

Hmm, ok so I was driving home today and when I went to leave my grandparent's house the car did the same wierd starting thing that it was doing before I changed all that stuff yesterday... Not too happy about that cause I was pretty sure that would take care of it... Anyway, does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it to do that? Maybe the coil or something? Thanks.

Craig