General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Look what I got today!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 PM
Talking Look what I got today!!!!!

2002 Civic EX

It's going to need a cat this summer (the dealer passed their own emissions when I'm sure it shouldn't have) and maybe a timing belt, but they put on new brake pads, caught and fixed a water leak around the new windshield. It's got a powertrain warranty.

When I looked inside the engine through the oil-fill cap, it was like it came off the showroom floor - not a micron of sludge, though the oil was somewhat used. The outside was equally as clean of oil (it was dirty, with sand and some rusty flakes and leaf debris, so they hadn't cleaned it.) There were no aftermarket parts, either.

I did all the testing myself with what I learned on http://www.samarins.com/ Of course I couldn't put it up on a lift, but I wouldn't know what to look for, anyway. I couldn't afford to have a mechanic inspect it. I know... Oh, and I need to reset the CD player!

Well, anyway, I'm the second owner, and it drives great, so I'm happy right now. I haven't had a car for 14 months, and I saved long and hard for this. When I can afford to put gas in it, I'm going to see friends without cars that I haven't seen in a year or more, and I can hang around with my niece. I'm going to a dance performance of hers Friday that I otherwise would have missed.

I named him Bucephalus.

cya,

Kristen

Attached Thumbnails Look what I got today!!!!!-bucky-front.jpg   Look what I got today!!!!!-bucky-rear-no-plate.jpg  
Old 03-16-2011, 08:01 PM
HCF Member

Hmmm...The civic looks nice & so new & wonderful...in excellent condition...I can't say anything to look for after what you said....but here's the question of the year for this thread..............

Dude......

How many miles? LOL!

Old 03-16-2011, 08:22 PM

Oops, hahaha, 133k. A little high, I guess, but it's what I could afford! And the tires are almost new. Falken? I guess they're supposed to be good.

BTW, if your reply wasn't so funny, I would have edited the original...