General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Should I buy this Hatch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 AM
HCF Member
Default RE: Should I buy this Hatch?

Okay thanksdanomatic93, but yeah if i got it i would change the rims and lower it a little more...

Old 04-27-2007, 11:55 AM
HCF Member

Get it. I don't think you'll regret it. Talk him down to 8000, I almost want to offer this guy 8000 for it
Just don't kill yourself street racing, but that's another topic for another thread.

Old 04-27-2007, 03:11 PM
HCF Member

Do it!

I lost my chance to get my first hatch when I decided to buy a motorcycle instead. I still think about that hatch, dang.

Then I bought this HX a year ago after I sold my bike, and about a month ago I was in the same place as you, was going to sell the 96HX for $2000 b/c I found a clean hatch...I moved too slow on it and lost out on a very very clean and mildly hooked up 95 VX w/ only 114K on it for $2900...I'm in VA too and its hard to find a clean eg hatch (dont worry I wont creep on your ride I dont have 8 grand to spend) good luck

Old 04-27-2007, 04:14 PM

doit. dont even bother with the miles. just change the waterpump and timing belt and ul be straight.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: that guy

the time to have obnoxiously sick cars is in high school

Pff not at our school. We have jackasses that key cars. Over 10 cars have been keyed in the past 2 school years. I know that's not many but when you have like 100 cars in the parking lot, you know.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:43 PM
formerly aryiman98civic

why not? like i said before drive it and make sure its not making any noises or anything else.

Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 PM
HCF Member

how much horsepower is it putting down??

oh, and a 92 hatch was my first car... i thought it was amazing the first time i saw it...
turns out whoever did the engine swap didnt swap the computers, and there was many problems too... many expensive problems...
so get the car inspected first, just to be on the safe side...
i lost $5000 on my civic, and i hate to see you lose $8000....
just my 2 cents...

Old 04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ksrecon

the time to have obnoxiously sick cars is in high school

Pff not at our school. We have jackasses that key cars. Over 10 cars have been keyed in the past 2 school years. I know that's not many but when you have like 100 cars in the parking lot, you know.
sorry bro. not to be a jerk, but college is worse. my old accord was keyed in high school. whoopdef-ingdo, I touched it up in about fifteen minutes. someone got up on top of my civic and crushed in my roof and pissed on my sunroof in college...one grand + and it took me four months to save it.

how's that grab you bub? **** happens. enjoy the mild reporaches found in parking your car in a garage or on the driveway at your parent's house while you can. besides, if you're under 18, you got fists. not saying it's the right thing, but that's how I solved my keying incident.

Sorry to hijack your thread. If the paint and the way it looks is not a problem for you, please get that car. It's looking so good that it'd be hard to pass something like that up. Just realize that colleges is hard on cars. Also, you'll probably need to run higher octane gas in it, and the constant tweaking that goes with a built and turboed car is going to be hard.

Make a checklist of things you want to look at/for when you're looking at the car. dentinger is right; be careful with your investment. It's a great looking car, and the prospect of buying it is going to be a real rush. Keep your head clear. Ask the questions that you need to ask and look at the things you really want to look at. No seller is going to be angry with you for being really **** about the car. Chances are good in this situation that the seller is going to LIKE the fact that you're **** about the car. Clearly, he was too.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:50 PM

worth it (Y)

Old 04-29-2007, 07:53 PM
HCF Member

sorry bro. not to be a jerk, but college is worse. my old accord was keyed in high school. whoopdef-ingdo, I touched it up in about fifteen minutes. someone got up on top of my civic and crushed in my roof and pissed on my sunroof in college...one grand + and it took me four months to save it.

how's that grab you bub? **** happens. enjoy the mild reporaches found in parking your car in a garage or on the driveway at your parent's house while you can. besides, if you're under 18, you got fists. not saying it's the right thing, but that's how I solved my keying incident.

Sorry to hijack your thread. If the paint and the way it looks is not a problem for you, please get that car. It's looking so good that it'd be hard to pass something like that up. Just realize that colleges is hard on cars. Also, you'll probably need to run higher octane gas in it, and the constant tweaking that goes with a built and turboed car is going to be hard.

Make a checklist of things you want to look at/for when you're looking at the car. dentinger is right; be careful with your investment. It's a great looking car, and the prospect of buying it is going to be a real rush. Keep your head clear. Ask the questions that you need to ask and look at the things you really want to look at. No seller is going to be angry with you for being really **** about the car. Chances are good in this situation that the seller is going to LIKE the fact that you're **** about the car. Clearly, he was too.

Yeah i really understand where your coming from here...and my dad thinks the same thing. He wants me to get a Jeep and lift it since im giong to college next semster. But i dont know im still young and i like to have something that looks good and has good gas millage. but idk