General Civic Talk Talk about the Honda Civic generally here.

Stolen and/or abandoned - Silver 96-00 Civic DX Coupe - CA plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 10:58 AM
tgs
Default Stolen and/or abandoned - Silver 96-00 Civic DX Coupe - CA plates

I've seen a Silver 96-00 Civic DX Coupe with California license plates parked in the same spot for several days in Salt Lake City, Utah. The windshield and driver window are broken, it's wrecked and looks abandoned. I've wondered if it was stolen and just left there. We've had rain and snow in the last few days and I really doubt the owner would leave it exposed to the elements.

I'll go check it out when I have some time later today (maybe there's a note in it) and call the local UT police dept. I think they can access a nationwide system for reported stolen cars. -- My stolen car was abandoned for a week before anyone called on it.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 AM
HCF Member

the cops should be able to trace it... i stay in austin and my friend got his 94 GS-R integra stolen and was found in san antonio stripped completely inside and out... good thing is my friend and i knw who was the one who stole it... we're leavin it to the cops to get that fool for now... my friend said he better hope the cops get him before he does. lol

Old 04-29-2010, 02:17 PM

If the owner filed a report with their local police, the car has been entered into NCIC as stolen and a simple NCIC vehicle query will provide the answer in about 2 seconds. Just because it's sitting doesn't mean it's stolen or abandoned. The owner might not care about the car. I've seen it before, even in my limited jurisdiction. There's a mustang GT that has been parked in the same place since January because the whole trailing arm got torn off in an ice related sliding accident. She can't afford to fix it so it's still sitting there months later. But she still wants to keep the car.